Closing date: 22/08/2013
A small Italian company has developed a technological solution to install photovoltaic systems on the roof, reducing time of execution & costs and increasing the workers safety. The system is composed of corrugated panels designed to placing photovoltaic laminates without frame by pulling on the guide rails. Assembly can be done inside factory or directly on the site. International partner are sought for joint further development, test of new application, & commercialize product under license.
Compared to a growing request of photovoltaic panels and an consequent technological improvement of products, there does not correspond the same improvement in the installation process of panels on roofs.
Today installation of plants takes place in different steps and with very long time and high costs:
- Preparation of roof
- Transportation of panels on roof
- Correct preparation of panels inside of roof
- Installation of panels
There are high risks in every step due to high distances from soil in which workers have to work
A small Italian company has developed a technological solution which allows to install photovoltaic panels on roofs, reducing times and cost and increasing worker safety.
Compared to market's offer, this solution shows a more practical and economic approach. It is a cover composed by corrugated panels (sandwich system) already assembled to the photovoltaic panels inside the factory or directly on the site and already wired; in this way, raising and assembling panels on the roof, they obtain at same time a photovoltaic system and a perfectly ventilated roof with all its advantages. The system is designed to accommodate photovoltaic laminate module without frame along internal grooves. In addition to laminated and corrugated panels it is possible to use those in plastic material or similar, obtained from extrusion process. The assembly on site, placing every single panel on the guide rails , allows to work in piano and not on an inclined roof.
To increase safety, panels are locked at guides with suitable glues and the sandwich/photovoltaic panels are fixed and locked together with threaded screws as in the conventional system.
Sandwich system has some features and benefits:
1.Photovoltaic panels can be used devoid of structural elements such aluminum frame and the fixing profiles, with an good economic savings.
2. The way to placed photovoltaic module avoids to make holes on the roof.
3. the coupling and the wiring of sandwich photovoltaic panels directly in the factory or on site allows to reduce time, in total security, and costs (rentals, armor, etc.)
4. the ventilated roof effect and the insulation of the corrugated panel sandwich contribute to improve the energy result of the building.
5. the use as n.1 but using normal panels to obtain only ventilated roof.
6. the double-stacked rail system allows to use:
" protective glass hail
" prism concentrators or polarizing glasses.
" overlapped photovoltaic panels (transparent gel)
" combination with solar panels.
7. the mounting system allows to facilitate the removal of eternit panels by roofs, because usually these are mounted on support structures similar to those of sandwich panels.
Partner expertise sought:
- Type of partner sought: industrial partners with adequate resources to certify the system and place the product on the market in one or more fields of application mentioned above.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: areas of activity may be those of PV and the building; partners may be manufacturers of photovoltaic modules or building systems involved to test the technology, improve the solutions, and to use it.
- Task to be performed by the partner sought: engineer, manufacture and market the licensed product.Partners for license Agreement, joint further development and testing of new application are sought.
Listed under: Energy Topics
Select an option from below to enquire about this opportunity: